(Father Synn has once again donned his cassock, dusted off his manual of medieval penance, and prepared himself to receive your abominable confessions.)
Greetings once again my loyal cadre of sinners and sycophants. What a joy it is to be here once more among you all, after last week’s unplanned absence!
I see more than a few familiar faces out there bearing a look of contrition and shame… or maybe that’s just the hangover kicking in. I know mine is.
So come, join me in another bout of confession and prayer… it’s good for the soul, don’t you know?
“Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for us now and at the hour of our death… which we all hope is soon…”
- I once skipped out on the opportunity to see Opeth supported by Cynic, in favour of travelling to see what was supposed to be the last ever Carcass show. It wasn’t. And I still haven’t seen Cynic live. And so now I hate Carcass.
- …Made Me Do It by The Haunted is massively over-rated.
- Resurrection Through Carnage by Bloodbath is a really good album. But it’s not their best.
- I recently discovered that my copies of Vanitas by Anaal Nathrakh, Ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder, and The Dreamer’s Hideaway by Klone have gone missing. This pains me.
- I hate that band… what’s their name… it’s on the tip of my tongue… oh yeah, Manowar.
And now, as always, it’s your turn. Who will be first to offer up themselves to the judgement of the congregation? Step forth, and embrace your absolution!