The next edition of the fantabulous Bloodstock Open Air festival will take place on August 8-11, 2013, at Catton Park in Derbyshire, UK. Bloodstock is running a Metal 2 the Masses competition for unsigned bands, with the winner being selected to play the New Blood stage at the festival. The competition is open to bands from all over the world, though to enter you have to upload a film of your band playing an original song live. The winner will be decided by fan votes.
As you should know by now, NCS writer Andy Synn is the frontman for a UK metal band named Bloodguard — and Bloodguard has entered the Metal 2 the Masses competition. And they need your damned votes to win this thing and get the chance to play live at the Bloodstock festival!
To enter the competition, Andy and his comrades have uploaded a live video of themselves performing the original Bloodguard song “Singularity” live at the Vic Inn — and you can watch it at the end of this post, or at the Metal 2 the Masses site.
Hey, if you don’t help out a friend when you can, then what kind of friend are you? Now’s the time to do a good deed for Andy in return for all the tens of thousands of words he has written, free of charge and without any fucken pay, for your entertainment and edification.
Here’s how to cast your vote:
1. Go to this page: http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/hobgoblin
2. On the right side of the page where it says “Click Here To Start Voting”, uh, click there.
3. Look for Bloodguard (the order in which bands appear rotates, so you’ll have to scroll through the list using the arrows at the bottom of the page)
4. Click the box above Bloodguard that Says “Vote”
5. You’ll then be asked to register at the site of the brewery that’s sponsoring Metal 2 the Masses, which will require you to give a name, e-mail, password, and other info.
6. Vote for Bloodguard!
7. Remember your login info, because you can go back there once a day, every day, until the competition ends and cast MORE FUCKIN VOTES FOR BLOODGUARD!
Yes, I know it’s a pain in the ass to have to register at some site you don’t care about in order to vote, and it takes a few annoying minutes to wind your way through this whole process, but it’s still not much effort compared to the good it could do for Andy and his band. And it’s a lot easier to vote the second, third, and fourth times. 🙂
So go do it. Here’s that Bloodguard video. And after that, as an extra thank-you for helping, I have a video of deep-sea squids mating.
Description from YouTube: “A pair of mating Pholidoteuthis adami observed by ROV Little Hercules on April 13 2012 at a depth of 1400 m and at 28.65 N, 088.46 W during an expedition by NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer in the northern Gulf of Mexico. The male is upside down, and backwards on top of the female and the terminal organ is extending from his funnel, presumably releasing spermatophores, from which spermatangia burrow into the dorsal mantle tissue of the female. Video courtesy of NOAA Okeanos Explorer Program.”