FREE SHIT: A TRANSCENDING OBSCURITY SAMPLER — AND A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE SHIRT
Those of you who have been hanging around our putrid site for more than a few weeks will recognize the name Transcending Obscurity, since we’ve been regularly highlighting albums on that label for years — and even more frequently over the last year or two as they’ve been dramatically expanding their roster of international bands. Today we have some exciting news about an immense free sampler of music just released by Transcending Obscurity, along with a chance to win a Mark Riddick-designed shirt.
The sampler features 55 tracks from 55 bands, spanning a wide range of metal sub-genres and an equally expansive geographic coverage. All of the bands are signed to Transcending Obscurity and include such names as Officium Triste, Paganizer, Ursinne, Echelon, Henry Kane, Stench Price, Sepulchral Curse, Fetid Zombie, Infinitum Obscure, Altar of Betelgeuze, Veilburner, Jupiterian, and Rudra, among many others whom we’ve written about at NCS.
The complete compilation is available for free download at Transcending Obscurity’s Bandcamp page, and below we’ve included both the complete track list and a stream of all the music.
In cooperation with the label we’re also giving away two free copies of Transcending Obscurity’s first official merchandise — a T-shirt specially designed by none other than Mark Riddick. Here’s what that looks like:
To qualify for the shirt give-away, either leave a Comment on this post naming your favorite track on the compilation or share our status about this post which appears on the NCS Facebook page (here). You need to do one of those two things no later than midnight PST on January 1, 2017. We’ll then put all the names in a hat and randomly draw two of them, and those two people will be the recipients of the shirts.
Of course, the shirt is also available for purchase HERE.
Now, check out the track list for the Transcending Obscurity free sampler — and to download it, go here:
1. Officium Triste (Netherlands) – Your Heaven, My Underworld (Death/Doom Metal)
2. Mythological Cold Towers (Brazil) – Vetustus (Death/Doom Metal)
3. Paganizer (Sweden) – Adjacent to Purgatory (Old School Death Metal)
4. Ursinne (International) – Talons (Old School Death Metal) SUPERGROUP
5. Echelon (International) – Lex Talionis (Classic Death Metal) SUPERGROUP
6. Henry Kane (Sweden) – Skuld Och Begar (Death Metal/Crust)
7. Stench Price (International) – Living Fumes ft. Dan Lilker (Experimental Grindcore) SUPERGROUP
8. Sepulchral Curse (Finland) – Envisioned In Scars (Blackened Death Metal)
9. Fetid Zombie (US) – Devour the Virtuous (Old School Death Metal)
10. Infinitum Obscure (Mexico) – Towards the Eternal Dark (Dark Death Metal)
11. Altar of Betelgeuze (Finland) – Among the Ruins (Stoner Death Metal)
12. Illimitable Dolor (Australia) – Comet Dies or Shines (Atmospheric Doom/Death)
13. The Furor (Australia) – Cavalries of the Occult (Black/Death Metal)
14. Warlord UK (United Kingdom) – Maximum Carnage (Old School Death Metal)
15. Norse (Australia) – Drowned By Hope (Dissonant Black Metal)
16. Soothsayer (Ireland) – Of Locust and Moths (Atmospheric Doom/Sludge)
17. Swampcult (Netherlands) – Chapter I: The Village (Lovecraftian Black/Doom Metal)
18. Seedna (Sweden) – Wander (Atmospheric Black Metal)
19. The Slow Death (Australia) – Adrift (Atmospheric Doom Metal)
20. Arkheth (Australia) – Your Swamp My Wretched Queen (Experimental Black Metal)
21. Mindkult (US) – Howling Witch (Doom/Stoner Metal)
22. Warcrab (UK) – Destroyer of Worlds (Death Metal/Sludge)
23. Isgherurd Morth (International) – Lucir Stormalah (Avant-garde Black Metal)
24. Lurk (Finland) – Ostrakismos (Atmospheric Doom/Sludge Metal)
25. Come Back From The Dead (Spain) – Better Morbid Than Slaves (Old School Death Metal)
26. Somnium Nox (Australia) – Apocrypha (Atmospheric Black Metal)
27. MRTVI (UK) – This Shell Is A Mess (Experimental Black Metal)
28. Veilburner (US) – Necroquantum Plague Asylum (Experimental Black/Death Metal)
29. Jupiterian (Brazil) – Permanent Grey (Doom/Sludge Metal)
30. Exordium Mors (New Zealand) – As Vultures Descend (Black/Thrash Metal)
31. Embalmed (US) – Brutal Delivery of Vengeance (Brutal Death Metal)
32. Gloom (Spain) – Erik Zann (Blackened Brutal Death Metal)
33. Marasmus (US) – Conjuring Enormity (Death Metal)
34. Algoma (Canada) – Reclaimed By The Forest (Sludge/Doom Metal)
35. Cemetery Winds (Finland) – Realm of the Open Tombs (Blackened Death Metal)
36. Marginal (Belgium) – Sign of the Times (Crust/Grind)
37. Chalice of Suffering (US) – Who Will Cry (Death/Doom Metal)
38. Briargh (Spain) – Sword of Woe (Pagan Black Metal)
39. Ashen Horde (US) – Desecration of the Sanctuary (Progressive Black Metal)
40. The Whorehouse Massacre (Canada) – Intergalactic Hell (Atmospheric Sludge)
41. Rudra (Singapore) – Ancient Fourth (Vedic Metal)
42. Dusk (Pakistan) – For Majestic Nights (Death/Doom Metal)
43. Ilemauzar (Singapore) – The Dissolute Assumption (Black/Death Metal)
44. Severe Dementia (Bangladesh) – The Tormentor (Old School Death Metal)
45. Warhound (Bangladesh) – Flesh Decay (Old School Death Metal)
46. Assault (Singapore) – Ghettos (Death/Thrash Metal)
47. Gutslit (India) – Scaphism (Brutal Death/Grind)
48. Plague Throat (India) – Inherited Failure (Death Metal)
49. Darkrypt (India) – Dark Crypt (Dark Death Metal)
50. Against Evil (India) – Stand Up and Fight! (Heavy Metal)
51. Grossty (India) – Gounder Grind (Grindcore/Crust)
52. Dormant Inferno (India) – Embers of You (Death/Doom Metal)
53. Carnage Inc. (India) – Defiled (Thrash Metal)
54. Lucidreams (India) – Ballox (Heavy Metal)
55. Nightgrave (India) – Augment (Experimental Black Metal/Shoegaze)
My favorite from the comp. (no surprise really) is Veilburner (US) – Necroquantum Plague Asylum! I want to win this shirt so badly. Also, Stench Price is probably my 2nd favorite on it. My third favorite would be the Sepulchral Curse they just put out. That release definitely impressed me in spite of not being into new old school sounding death metal releases usually.
My favourite track is:
2. Mythological Cold Towers (Brazil) – Vetustus (Death/Doom Metal)
My favorite is Infinitum Obscure – Towards the Eternal Dark. Never heard of them before, that was a cool surprise. I also enjoyed a bunch more, The Furor (can’t wait for their album this March), Soothsayer, The Slow Death, Exordium Mors, Briargh, Ashen Horde, Rudra, Dusk and Plague Throat among them…
As crazy as the name sounds, I really like the Warcrab song, Destroyer of Worlds.
Thanks a ton guys! Please share the word around! Cheers! – Label owner
Wow, that’s a lot of awesome music 🙂
Against Evil- Stand up and fight (India) because their sound brings back memories of bands which made me love metal music in the first place.
My favorite track is Rudra – Ancient Fourth.
Nothing can beat Henry kane – skuld och begar
That Stench Price track is killer!
Arkheth track is surreal
Sepulchral Curse _ Envisioned in Scars. No doubt one of the best release of 2016.
Sepulchral Curse (Finland) – Envisioned In Scars is my favorite off this exceptional sampler. Some seriously awesome bands here. Well done
my favourite is Carnage inc (india) defiled . no doubt one of the best release of 2016
My favourite is
Ursinne (International) – Talons (Old School Death Metal) SUPERGROUP.
My fav song from the sampler would be Seedna’s wander. It’s a mad track of the sampler, and gives you a small taste of one of my AOTY. A close second would be Grossty’s Gounder Grind, a homage to the one and only Goundamani
There are way too many gems here.
First here is this, this Spanish band knows its shit, definitely influenced so much by Entombed and Carnage but the drum sounds so good. Great production and hardcore punk-esque vocals like in Nuclear Assault. Only different. Great great band.
Come Back From The Dead (Spain) – Better Morbid Than Slaves
Mindkult – Howling Witch. What a song.
I have the Halloween/We Are 138 cover EP in my phone. Great but this song is pretty rad too.
Especially the Uncle Acid-like vibes but in a unique manner.
Against Evil – Stand Up and Fight.
Completely unpretentious old school heavy metal. So catchy and yet so good. I heard the album the other day, some shit in there gives you Deep Purple vibes.
Warhound – Flesh Decay. (Bangladesh)
Neighbour makes a good sound. :V
Everything Swampcult has done in The Festival album. :3
Damn there are way too many good songs.
Warlord UK – Maximum Carnage. Great blend of Death/Thrash.
The slow Death-Adrift Ursinne-Talons Dormant Inferno-Embers of You
Havent listened to all yet but looks like there are many more epic tracks on here
Illimitable Dolor – Comet dies or shines
Awesome sampler! I gotta go with Veilburner – “Necroquantum Plague Asylum ” KILLER track!!
Chapter I: The Village by Swampcult, for me. It really captures the feel of Lovecraft for me.
My favourite song from the sampler will be Drowned by hope by Norse (Australia)
Ursinne – Talons.
My favourites are URSINNE and ECHELON, because I sing on them and I’m a shameless, self-promoting bastard.
My favorite track :
Veilburner – Necroquantum Plague Asylum