(We received such an overwhelmingly positive response to Father Synn’s first Metal Confessional last Sunday that he has returned, ready once again to hear your sins and mete out the penance.)
Greetings once more my faithful congregation! Can it really have been a whole week since last we bared our souls (and, in some cases, a little more than that…) to one another? Oh, how the time flies when you’re wallowing in sin…
Surely in the last seven days some amongst you have committed yet more egregious crimes against the great name of Metal? Or perhaps you’ve simply garnered the courage to finally admit to your past mistakes?
Whatever the case, Father Synn is here once more to listen and pass judgement. Yet, as always, I will lead the way, by admitting to yet more of my own fallibilities and failings…
1. I prefer Shadows of the Sun by Ulver to anything from their early Black Metal years.
2. I absolutely hate the falsetto at the end of “Cemetery Gates” by Pantera.
3. I have seen Cannibal Corpse live umpteen times. But have only not been bored once.
4. See above, but replace “Cannibal Corpse” with “My Dying Bride”.
5. I still don’t like Manowar.
Now my friends, who among you will be the first to step forward and be redeemed?
EDITOR’S NOTE TO READERS: Once again, please show us on the doll where Father Synn touched you.